The truth

 is often stranger than fiction.   Was this piece of furniture cursed?

In fall 2021 I purchased a high quality 140ish year old chest of drawers from an individual. This is a typical transaction. 

The piece was gorgeous, but not the size anyone was looking for so it sat for nearly a year, getting compliments but not moving along. 

Fast forward nearly a year, I'm out buying and receive a call from an employee. Someone had come into the store, fussed about there being dust on the chest they once owned, and departed slamming the door stating that they would never be back as they were heartbroken at the dust on the cherished chest....that they couldn't sell from thier third home fast enough the prior year. 

It was the heads up, keep an eye on social media reviews, we just had one who was unhinged.

A Karen. 

I went about my day, kept an eye out for bad reviews and nothing. 

Karen said she'd never be back. That was a lie. Twenty four hours later, I'm in the office doing payroll. My phone rings. Karen is back and she's buying it back. She hasn't slept in almost a year in her upset over selling a piece of furniture that didn't work in any of her houses. 

Comments